Disease Prevention (Biosecurity)
We have focused on development and evaluation of strategies to help producers and veterinarians to assess biosecurity under field conditions:
- Silva et al., General biosecurity scoring system. Preventive Veterinary Medicine.
- Silva et al., Development and validation of a scoring system to assess the relative vulnerability of swine breeding herds to the introduction of PRRS virus. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 2018.
- Silva et al., 2018 AASV annual meeting proceedings
- Silva et al., Biosecurity at your hands: measure risks to control losses. National Hog Farmer. Oct, 2018.
- Linhares et al., 2020. [Advances on biosecurity in response to economically significant emerging pathogens]. ABCS webinar on biosecurity – slides in Portuguese.
- Broc Mauch et al. 2020 American Association of Swine Veterinarians (veterinary student session)
- Linhares et al., 2019 American PRRSpective meeting, Mexico.
- Silva et al., 2019 AASV Biosecurity scoring systems.
- Linhares et al., 2019 AVIA conference: Applications for comprehensive and/or simplified biosecurity scoring systems in swine breeding herds.
- Silva et al., Identifying biosecurity aspects associated with PRRS outbreaks: minimum number of questions that when combined give great correlation w/ frequency of outbreaks. 2018 ISU McKean.