This is a project funded by the Swine Health Information Center (SHIC), which consists of a collaboration among multiple VDLs in the USA. The project has the goal to aggregate swine diagnostic data and report in intuitive formats (web dashboards and monthly PDF report), describing the dynamics of pathogen detection by PCR-based assays over time, specimen, age group, and geographical area. Data is from the Iowa State University VDL, South Dakota State University ADRDL, University of Minnesota VDL, Kansas State University VDL, and Ohio Animal Disease and Diagnostic Laboratory. Specifically, for PRRSV RFLP data and syndromic dashboards, the results are from Iowa State University VDL.
- Iowa State University: Giovani Trevisan*, Guilherme Arruda Cezar**, Edison Magalhães, Kinath Rupasinghe, Srijita Chandra, Gustavo Silva, Bret Crim, Eric Burrough, Phillip Gauger, Christopher Siepker, Marcelo Almeida, Michael Zeller, Marta Mainetti, Rodger Main, Daniel Linhares*.
- University of Minnesota: Mary Thurn, Paulo Lages, Cesar Corzo, Albert Roovira.
- Kansas State University: Rob McGaughey, Franco Matias-Ferreyra, Jamie Retallick.
- South Dakota State University: Jon Greseth, Darren Kersey, Travis Clement, Angela Pillatzki, Jane Christopher-Hennings.
- Ohio Animal Disease and Diagnostic Lab: Melanie Prarat, William Hennessy, Ashley Sawyer, Dennis Summers.
- The Ohio State University: Andréia Arruda.
* Giovani Trevisan: Principal Investigator. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Daniel Linhares: Principal Investigator. E-mail: email@example.com.
** Guilherme Arruda Cezar: Project coordinator. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviews and discusses the data, providing their comments and perspectives on a monthly basis:
Mark Schwartz, Drs. Paul Sundberg, Paul Yeske, Tara Donovan, Deborah Murray, Brigitte Mason, Peter Schneider, Sam Copeland, Luc Dufresne, Daniel Boykin, Corrine Frugé, William Hollis, Rebecca Robbins, and Thomas Petznick.
The Domestic Swine Pathogen Monitoring Program monthly reports are available at the SHIC website: https://www.swinehealth.org/domestic-disease-surveillance-reports