This is a project funded by the Swine Health Information Center (SHIC), which consists of a collaboration among multiple VDLs in the USA. The project has the goal to aggregate swine diagnostic data and report in intuitive formats (web dashboards and monthly PDF report), describing the dynamics of pathogen detection by PCR-based assays over time, specimen, age group, and geographical area. Data is from the Iowa State University VDL, South Dakota State University ADRDL, University of Minnesota VDL, Kansas State University VDL, and Ohio Animal Disease and Diagnostic Laboratory. Specifically, for PRRSV RFLP data and syndromic dashboards, the results are from Iowa State University VDL.
- Iowa State University: Giovani Trevisan*, Guilherme Cezar, Edison Magalhães, Gustavo Silva, Bret Crim, Kent Schwartz, Eric Burrough, Phillip Gauger, Pablo Pineyro, Christopher Siepker, Marcelo Almeida, Rodger Main, Daniel Linhares*.
- University of Minnesota: Mary Thurn, Paulo Lages, Cesar Corzo, Jerry Torrison.
- Kansas State University: Rob McGaughey, Franco Matias-Ferreyra, Jamie Retallick.
- South Dakota State University: Jon Greseth, Darren Kersey, Travis Clement, Angela Pillatzki, Jane Christopher-Hennings.
- Ohio Animal Disease and Diagnostic Lab.: Melanie Prarat, William Hennessy, Yan Zhang, Dennis Summers.
Reviews and discusses the data, providing their comments and perspectives on a monthly basis:
Mark Schwartz, Drs. Paul Sundberg, Paul Yeske, Tara Donovan, Deborah Murray, Scott Dee, Melissa Hensch, Brigitte Mason, Peter Schneider, Sam Copeland, Luc Dufresne, and Daniel Boykin.
The Domestic Swine Pathogen Monitoring Program monthly reports are available at the SHIC website: https://www.swinehealth.org/domestic-disease-surveillance-reports
Pathogen detection and monitoring at the state level
PRRSV genotyping dashboard: RFLP and Lineages
PEDV, PDCoV, and TGEV dashboard